Hi! I am Faisal Riyaz. I like watching documentaries and cricket. I have contributed to SymPy, an open source Python library for symolic computations.
- x86 Assembly
- RISC-V Assembly (Learning)
Frameworks, Libraries and Programming Tools :
May 2020 — August 2020
Extended the vector module of sympy to support the integration of scalar/vector fields over Curves, Surfaces and Volumes.
- Added classes to represent parametric and implicit regions.
- Implemented the algorithm to obtain rational parametrization of implicit regions.
- Added classes to represent Integral of scalar/vector field over different regions.
- Completed the documentation and testing of new features.
Summer Research Fellow
June 2019 — July 2019
Worked on SHAKTI project under Professor V. Kamakoti. RISE lab is the birthplace of SHAKTI microprocessor series, India's first indigenous microprocessor. SHAKTI microprocessor use RISCV Instruction Set Architecture (ISA), a simple and open ISA.
- Modified GCC for RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture to detect floating-point exceptions.
- New assembly instructions were added after every floating-point operation to check for any IEEE floating point exception.
Computer Engineering Degree
Aug 2017 — Present
Expected to graduate in Aug 2021
- Object Oriented Programming
- Introduction to Algorithms and Data Structures
- Advanced Algortihms
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecutre
- Signals and Systems
- Digital Logic
- Communication Engineering
Central Academy, Lucknow, India
Apr 2014 — Mar 2016
90.8% in Board Exams.